Season 1 Episode 16 | Tom Holkenborg, Summer TV Review & Name That Score
Kenny begins this extended edition of the show by talking about the sudden surge in vinyl sales, and argues there’s a huge future ahead for the medium, with major companies jumping into the industry. Then Matt presents his spoiler-free Summer TV roundup of recommendations and disappointments, and the guys tally the scores from their Emmy Nomination predictions a few weeks ago, and pick winners.
Then we’re joined by Tom Holkenborg, electronic DJ and composer of films including Mad Max: Fury Road, Deadpool, Tomb Raider, 300: Rise of an Empire and Peter Jackson’s upcoming Mortal Engines.
Tom talks about first meeting Robert Kraft at Fox, years before his composer career took off, and getting kicked out of music school for his rebellious approach to drums.
Then Tom talks about why he recorded custom drums for Mad Max, and his Studio Time series that breaks down his musical approaches.
Lastly, Tom joins the guys for a “#1 Blockbusters of the 2000s” edition of Name That Score where you — yes, you — can be a winner! Play along for free by tweeting @ScoreThePodcast, where you could win a fabulous prize!
Hosts: Robert Kraft & Kenny Holmes Executive Producer: Matt Schrader Copyright 2018 Score: The Podcast
Hosts: Robert Kraft and Kenny Holmes.
Executive Producer: Matt Schrader.
Mentioned In This Episode
Paranoia by Junkie XL (Tom Holkenborg)
Molly's E by Junkie XL (Tom Holkenborg)
Mad Max: Fury Road by Tom Holkenborg aka Junkie XL
Copyright 2018 Epicleff Media.
SUBSCRIBE, REVIEW AND WIN
We periodically give away a free Collector's Edition copy of SCORE: A FILM MUSIC DOCUMENTARY! Subscribe and leave a review on Apple Podcasts and help us build our audience!
Google Play: https://playmusic.app.goo.gl/?ibi=com.google.PlayMusic&isi=691797987&ius=googleplaymusic&apn=com.google.android.music&link=https://play.google.com/music/m/I5p3wgxku35v7fxy2mnb7ev7eg4?t%3DScore:_The_Podcast%26pcampaignid%3DMKT-na-all-co-pr-mu-pod-16
Also available on Spotify.
Review on iPhone or iPad
1. Launch the Apple Podcasts app.
2. Tap the Search tab (on the bottom right) and enter “Score: The Podcast” in the search. Look for the SCORE logo to appear.
3. Select Score: The Podcast, and then tap the Reviews tab.
4. Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
5. Before pressing Send, take a screenshot of your review by pressing the Home and Power buttons on your iPhone at the same time. This is your proof of entry to win an autographed copy of SCORE: A FILM MUSIC DOCUMENTARY. (Be sure you remember to hit Send after!)
(Optional) 6. Tweet us your screenshot @ScorethePodcast. This way we’ll be able to contact you through Twitter, as the Podcasts app does not allow us to contact you. Pat yourself on the back for helping launch this podcast! Bravo, maestro!
Review on Android
1. Go to Score: The Podcast’s page on Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/score-the-podcast
2. Tap on the stars to rate the show and leave a review! (You may need to create an account to leave a review, if you haven’t already.)
3. Before pressing Send, take a screenshot of your review by pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons on your Android device at the same time (hold for 1 second). This is your proof of entry to win an autographed copy of SCORE: A FILM MUSIC DOCUMENTARY. (Be sure you remember to hit Send after!)
(Optional) 4. Tweet us your screenshot @ScorethePodcast. This way we’ll be able to contact you through Twitter, as the Stitcher app does not allow us to contact you. Pat yourself on the back for helping