Season 3 Episode 10 | Patrick Doyle has a cookie for you
Robert and Kenny begin the show discussing the passing of legendary Oscar-winning composer Ennio Morricone, maestro of 400+ films and credited with creating the sound of "Spaghetti Westerns" for films like The Good, the Bad and the Ugly and A Fistful of Dollars. Then, the guys check Score: The Mailbox with a question about the difference between studio musicians and concert musicians.
Later, Oscar-nominated composer Patrick Doyle joins the show from Shepperton Studios in England, his home studio for 30 years. Patrick shares stories of many of his great scores including following in the footsteps of John Williams for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, scoring and playing "Kevin" in Brave, diving into the Marvel Cinematic Universe with Thor and his account of the famous "Cookies" cue for Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
This episode is presented by Spitfire Audio.
Follow us on Twitter @ScoreThePodcast, or send Kenny and Robert your questions for the mailbox at ScoreTheMailbox@epicleff.com.
Hosts: Robert Kraft & Kenny Holmes Executive Producer: Matt Schrader Coordinator: Carol Kuswanto
© 2020 Epicleff Media
Review on iPhone or iPad
1. Launch the Apple Podcasts app.
2. Tap the Search tab (on the bottom right) and enter “Score: The Podcast” in the search. Look for the SCORE logo to appear.
3. Select Score: The Podcast, and then tap the Reviews tab.
4. Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
5. Before pressing Send, take a screenshot of your review by pressing the Home and Power buttons on your iPhone at the same time. This is your proof of entry to win an autographed copy of SCORE: A FILM MUSIC DOCUMENTARY. (Be sure you remember to hit Send after!)
(Optional) 6. Tweet us your screenshot @ScorethePodcast. This way we’ll be able to contact you through Twitter, as the Podcasts app does not allow us to contact you. Pat yourself on the back for helping launch this podcast! Bravo, maestro!