Season 1 Episode 14 | Christophe Beck, Behind the Score & Name That Score
DON'T MISS OUR BONUS CONVERSATION AVAILABLE TO PODCAST SUBSCRIBERS.
Score: The Podcast welcomes Christophe Beck, Emmy Award-winning composer of some of the biggest shows and movies of the last two decades, including Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, The Muppets, Pitch Perfect, Disney's Frozen, Trolls, Edge of Tomorrow, The Hangover comedy movies, and Marvel's Ant-Man and upcoming Ant-Man and the Wasp (July 6).
Robert and Kenny begin the show making their Emmy nomination picks for the best TV shows and TV scores of the year.
Then Christophe Beck comes in to discuss how to score comedy and exaggerating a punchline with humorous music.
Behind the Score dives into the studio musicians that record on most of Hollywood’s biggest scores, including cellist Steve Erdody who has recorded on over 1,200 scores in his career.
Then Christophe dives into his new $1M SESAC Scores: The Beck Diversity Project initiative, meant to foster new talent from diverse backgrounds, and discusses how he got the Ant-Man gig, and previews Ant-Man and The Wasp!
Lastly, Chris joins us to play an “alien movie”-themed edition of Name That Score, where you — yes, you — could be a winner! Play along for your chance to win a fabulous prize on Twitter @ScoreThePodcast.
Hosts: Robert Kraft and Kenny Holmes.
Executive Producer: Matt Schrader.
Copyright 2018 Score: The Podcast
Mentioned In This Episode
Cheaper By The Dozen by Christophe Beck (Frog for Breakfast scene)
Edge of Tomorrow by Christophe Beck
Marvel's Ant-Man by Christophe Beck
Copyright 2018 Epicleff Media.
SUBSCRIBE, REVIEW AND WIN
We periodically give away a free Collector's Edition copy of SCORE: A FILM MUSIC DOCUMENTARY! Subscribe and leave a review on Apple Podcasts and help us build our audience!
Google Play: https://playmusic.app.goo.gl/?ibi=com.google.PlayMusic&isi=691797987&ius=googleplaymusic&apn=com.google.android.music&link=https://play.google.com/music/m/I5p3wgxku35v7fxy2mnb7ev7eg4?t%3DScore:_The_Podcast%26pcampaignid%3DMKT-na-all-co-pr-mu-pod-16
Also available on Spotify.
Review on iPhone or iPad
1. Launch the Apple Podcasts app.
2. Tap the Search tab (on the bottom right) and enter “Score: The Podcast” in the search. Look for the SCORE logo to appear.
3. Select Score: The Podcast, and then tap the Reviews tab.
4. Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
5. Before pressing Send, take a screenshot of your review by pressing the Home and Power buttons on your iPhone at the same time. This is your proof of entry to win an autographed copy of SCORE: A FILM MUSIC DOCUMENTARY. (Be sure you remember to hit Send after!)
(Optional) 6. Tweet us your screenshot @ScorethePodcast. This way we’ll be able to contact you through Twitter, as the Podcasts app does not allow us to contact you. Pat yourself on the back for helping launch this podcast! Bravo, maestro!
Review on Android
1. Go to Score: The Podcast’s page on Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/score-the-podcast
2. Tap on the stars to rate the show and leave a review! (You may need to create an account to leave a review, if you haven’t already.)