Season 1 Episode 11 | Kyle Dixon & Michael Stein, The Inside Track with Dr. Siu-Lan Tan & Na
DON'T MISS OUR BONUS CONVERSATION AVAILABLE TO PODCAST SUBSCRIBERS.
Robert and Kenny begin the show talking about the trailer for Queen biopic Bohemian Rhapsody, and how much Robert once offered Led Zeppelin to use Stairway to Heaven in a Ridley Scott film.
Then Austin-based composing duo Kyle Dixon and Michael Stein of Stranger Things join to talk musical inspirations from 311 and Portishead to Radiohead, and their band SURVIVE getting a random email from The Duffer Brothers back in 2014.
In The Inside Track, music psychologist Dr. Siu-Lan Tan explores the fascinating ways music changes our perception of characters and settings, highlighting New York City specifically and the many ways it has been scored.
Then our guests talk about sneaking onto the Predator set, and their film composing careers as they start scoring Stranger Things 3. Then, a '80s Movies edition of Name That Score, where you — yes, you — can be a winner! Play along by following @ScoreThePodcast on Twitter.
Hosts: Robert Kraft and Kenny Holmes.
Executive Producer: Matt Schrader.
Mentioned In This Episode
“Dirge,” S U R V I V E
Stranger Things Opening Title
Stranger Things Theme, Live at the ASCAP Screen Music Awards
“The Dream Is Always The Same” by Tangerine Dream, Risky Business
Copyright 2018 Epicleff Media.
SUBSCRIBE, REVIEW AND WIN
We periodically give away a free Collector's Edition copy of SCORE: A FILM MUSIC DOCUMENTARY! Subscribe and leave a review on Apple Podcasts and help us build our audience!
Google Play: https://playmusic.app.goo.gl/?ibi=com.google.PlayMusic&isi=691797987&ius=googleplaymusic&apn=com.google.android.music&link=https://play.google.com/music/m/I5p3wgxku35v7fxy2mnb7ev7eg4?t%3DScore:_The_Podcast%26pcampaignid%3DMKT-na-all-co-pr-mu-pod-16
Also available on Spotify.
Review on iPhone or iPad
1. Launch the Apple Podcasts app.
2. Tap the Search tab (on the bottom right) and enter “Score: The Podcast” in the search. Look for the SCORE logo to appear.
3. Select Score: The Podcast, and then tap the Reviews tab.
4. Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
5. Before pressing Send, take a screenshot of your review by pressing the Home and Power buttons on your iPhone at the same time. This is your proof of entry to win an autographed copy of SCORE: A FILM MUSIC DOCUMENTARY. (Be sure you remember to hit Send after!)
(Optional) 6. Tweet us your screenshot @ScorethePodcast. This way we’ll be able to contact you through Twitter, as the Podcasts app does not allow us to contact you. Pat yourself on the back for helping launch this podcast! Bravo, maestro!
Review on Android
1. Go to Score: The Podcast’s page on Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/score-the-podcast