Season 1 Episode 7 | Tyler Bates, The Inside Track with Dr. Siu-Lan Tan & Name That Score
DON'T MISS OUR BONUS CONVERSATION AVAILABLE TO PODCAST SUBSCRIBERS.
Score: The Podcast welcomes Tyler Bates, composer of films including Guardians of The Galaxy, John Wick, Watchmen, 300, Dawn of the Dead, Slither, Super, Atomic Blonde and the upcoming Deadpool 2 (May 18).
Robert, Kenny and Matt begin the show talking about who might be the next composers of James Bond, and each make their picks for the composers they’d love to hear. Then they talk about how the Academy Awards are changing their format for Best Original Score and Best Original Song and how it will affect which scores win awards.
Tyler Bates enters the studio to talk about producing and performing with Marilyn Manson, living in a haunted cabin and being part of two exorcisms. (What?!) Plus how he uses his music to accommodate the modern trend of films having a soundtrack — including Guardians of the Galaxy and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
A new episode of The Inside Track with Music Psychologist Dr. Siu-Lan Tan explores the difference between music and noise, and how sound is incorporated into many modern scores with intense, dramatic results that often elevate a film.Then Tyler talks about scoring striking visuals in the films of Zack Snyder and the upcoming Deadpool 2 releasing May 18.
Lastly, Tyler and the guys play a “space movie”-themed edition of Name That Score, where you — yes, you! — could be a winner!
Hosts: Robert Kraft and Kenny Holmes.
Executive Producer: Matt Schrader.
Mentioned In This Episode
Guardians of the Galaxy
Tyler Bates and Marilyn Manson, Sweet Dreams (Live) (Italian Television)
Copyright 2018 Epicleff Media.
SUBSCRIBE, REVIEW AND WIN
We periodically give away a free Collector's Edition copy of SCORE: A FILM MUSIC DOCUMENTARY! Subscribe and leave a review on Apple Podcasts and help us build our audience!
Google Play: https://playmusic.app.goo.gl/?ibi=com.google.PlayMusic&isi=691797987&ius=googleplaymusic&apn=com.google.android.music&link=https://play.google.com/music/m/I5p3wgxku35v7fxy2mnb7ev7eg4?t%3DScore:_The_Podcast%26pcampaignid%3DMKT-na-all-co-pr-mu-pod-16
Also available on Spotify.
Review on iPhone or iPad
1. Launch the Apple Podcasts app.
2. Tap the Search tab (on the bottom right) and enter “Score: The Podcast” in the search. Look for the SCORE logo to appear.
3. Select Score: The Podcast, and then tap the Reviews tab.
4. Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
5. Before pressing Send, take a screenshot of your review by pressing the Home and Power buttons on your iPhone at the same time. This is your proof of entry to win an autographed copy of SCORE: A FILM MUSIC DOCUMENTARY. (Be sure you remember to hit Send after!)
(Optional) 6. Tweet us your screenshot @ScorethePodcast. This way we’ll be able to contact you through Twitter, as the Podcasts app does not allow us to contact you. Pat yourself on the back for helping launch this podcast! Bravo, maestro!
Review on Android
1. Go to Score: The Podcast’s page on Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/score-the-podcast
2. Tap on the stars to rate the show and leave a review! (You may need to create an account to leave a review, if you haven’t already.)