Season 1 Episode 10 | Tina Guo, Behind the Score & Name That Score
DON'T MISS OUR BONUS CONVERSATION AVAILABLE TO PODCAST SUBSCRIBERS.
Score: The Podcast welcomes Tina Guo, a virtuoso cellist who has played on more than 50 Hollywood film scores including Inception, Wonder Woman, Dunkirk, the Fast & Furious series, Sherlock Holmes, and many of the Marvel and DC films. She is also a featured artist on Hans Zimmer’s international concert tour, and current nominee for Female Artist of the Year by the 2018 Classic BRIT Awards, which celebrate the best of classical and crossover musicians for her recent solo album “Game On!”
Robert, Kenny and Matt begin the show with an update on the new Leonard Bernstein biopic project Steven Spielberg has been secretly working on, and Bradley Cooper coming on to star and direct it, as well as the rival biopic on Bernstein recently announced starring Jake Gyllenhaal. Plus, we talk through why Leonard Bernstein’s life is such an interesting subject for biopics.
Then Tina Guo comes on to discuss how she connected with Hans Zimmer for the ‘Hans Zimmer Live” international tour, and how she financed her own music video which eventually led to a meeting with Hans and Guy Ritchie on Sherlock Holmes, and then composer John Debney for Iron Man 2.
In Behind the Score, composers Trevor Rabin, Lorne Balfe and Bear McCreary talks about one of LA’s unique landmarks: Billboards advertising films that aren’t finished yet. With tight schedules and heavy deadline pressure, the billboards literally loom over many composers in Hollywood.
Then, Tina plugs in her electric cello “White Walker” to talk about her album “Game On!” and play some recognizable video game themes in a Score: The Podcast musical first.
Lastly, Tina joins the guys to play Name That Score, where you — yes, you! — could be a winner! This week’s theme: Movies with Strong Female Leads.
Hosts: Robert Kraft and Kenny Holmes.
Executive Producer: Matt Schrader.
Mentioned In This Episode
Wonder Woman theme by Tina Guo
Queen Bee by Tina Guo
Hans Zimmer Live, Pirates of the Caribbean
Copyright 2018 Epicleff Media.
SUBSCRIBE, REVIEW AND WIN
We periodically give away a free Collector's Edition copy of SCORE: A FILM MUSIC DOCUMENTARY! Subscribe and leave a review on Apple Podcasts and help us build our audience!
Google Play: https://playmusic.app.goo.gl/?ibi=com.google.PlayMusic&isi=691797987&ius=googleplaymusic&apn=com.google.android.music&link=https://play.google.com/music/m/I5p3wgxku35v7fxy2mnb7ev7eg4?t%3DScore:_The_Podcast%26pcampaignid%3DMKT-na-all-co-pr-mu-pod-16
Also available on Spotify.
Review on iPhone or iPad
1. Launch the Apple Podcasts app.
2. Tap the Search tab (on the bottom right) and enter “Score: The Podcast” in the search. Look for the SCORE logo to appear.
3. Select Score: The Podcast, and then tap the Reviews tab.
4. Tap Write a Review at the bottom.
5. Before pressing Send, take a screenshot of your review by pressing the Home and Power buttons on your iPhone at the same time. This is your proof of entry to win an autographed copy of SCORE: A FILM MUSIC DOCUMENTARY. (Be sure you remember to hit Send after!)
(Optional) 6. Tweet us your screenshot @ScorethePodcast. This way we’ll be able to contact you through Twitter, as the Podcasts app does not allow us to contact you. Pat yourself on the back for helping launch this podcast! Bravo, maestro!
Review on Android
1. Go to Score: The Podcast’s page on Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/score-the-podcast
2. Tap on the stars to rate the show and leave a review! (You may need to create an account to leave a review, if you haven’t already.)